Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 57852: regressions - FAIL

>>> On 08.06.15 at 10:53, <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That's 6/14 (43%) failure rate on fiano0 and 2/10 (20%) on fiano1. Which
> differs form the apparent xen-unstable failure rate. But I wouldn't take
> this as evidence that the two systems differ significantly, despite how
> the unstable results looked at first glance.

So we can basically rule out just one of the hosts being the culprit;
it's either both or our software. Considering that (again at the
example of the recent 4.2 flight) the guest is apparently waiting for
a timer (or other) interrupt (on a HLT instruction), this is very likely
interrupt delivery related, yet (as said before, albeit wrongly for
4.3) 4.2 doesn't have APICV support yet (4.3 only lack the option
to disable it), so it can't be that (alone).

Looking at the hardware - are fiano[01], in terms of CPU and
chipset, perhaps the newest or oldest in the pool? (I'm trying to
make myself a picture of what debugging options we have.)

Jan