Re: [Xen-devel] clarification of xen Wiki article

On 6/4/2015 3:58 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Wed, 2015-06-03 at 09:24 -0600, Linda wrote:
Hi all,
      I was reading

http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XenBus

In the section on Store Organization, there is the statement
"Information should not be replicated in the store and required to be
consistent "  I'm not sure what that means.

Can anybody clarify this for me, please?
This came from the old wiki, so the history is unclear.

I suppose it could mean either:

         If you replicate information in xenstore then you should not
         expect it to be consistent

or

         Do not replicate information, do not require information to be
         consistent.

But let me turn the question around: What are you actually trying to
achieve? i.e. what is causing this ambiguous and confusing statement to
be a concern for you.
Sometime soon I will be writing a front- and back- end for the 9p fs protocol. (My Outreachy project). My goall is to understand where drivers sit logically and physically, so I know what I'm doing. Part of this is to understand Xenbus and Xenstore.

When I know too little, I read carefully, and flag anything I don't understand. For now, I'll ignore this statement.

Thanks, Ian.

Linda Jacobson

Unless the author or someone else in the know speaks up I would propose
to remove this text from the wiki.

Ian.