Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Passthrough ARM Design : Draft1

On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 07:41 -0400, Julien Grall wrote:

> I was suggesting to expose the host layout to the guest layout (similar
> to e820).

We do this on x86 only as a workaround for broken hardware (essentially
magic system devices which bypass the IOMMU).

We shouldn't do this on ARM by default, but only as and when a similar
requirement arises.

> Although, this is not my preferred way and a non 1:1 mapping would be
> the best.

Yes, a non-1:1 mapping is the right answer.

Ian.