Re: [Xen-devel] Relocatable Xen early boot code

>>> On 12.06.15 at 13:14, <daniel.kiper@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here I do not want to discuss GRUB2 and multiboot2 protocol support details
> for relocatable images. It is not needed. It is sufficient to know that it
> is able to put loaded image anywhere in available memory below 4 GiB. Loaded
> image is informed about its base address according to multiboot2 protocol
> via
> special tag. This is new feature not available in upstream GRUB2. I work on
> upstreaming it in parallel. Relevant patches will be posted together with
> Xen patches.

Before going into any detail on what you write later on - if this isn't in
upstream grub2, why can't you do what you want to do first without
another change needed in the boot loader? In which case, if I'm reading
this correctly, you wouldn't need our boot code to become relocatable
either.

Jan