Re: [Xen-devel] Sharing display between guests

Hi Dario

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 02:18:18PM +0200, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> I don't have much comments on all this, just that, reading, it, it
> sounded somewhat similar to what GL is doing:
>
> http://www.xenproject.org/component/allvideoshare/video/latest/ces15-globalogic.html
> http://www.xenproject.org/component/allvideoshare/video/globallogic-xen-android.html

For some reason, the first video wouldn't play here, so I can really
comment on the second one, but I don't think there was a screen
sharing here. It demoes Android running in a domU, which is already a
nice achievement, but it's not really the part that concern me the
most. I'm slightly more concerned about the two VM displaying stuff at
the same time.

> > That would mean that we would have a static "composition", that would
> > be setup once and we could forget about it during the life of the
> > system.
>
> Well, they use a DomU and Dom0, rather than 2 DomUs (or so I think), but
> is seems to me that at least some composition is indeed happening.

Ideally, we would like both to be domU, with dom0 only taking care of
the composition.

> I don't have much more details, I'm afraid, but if you think your use
> case is related, or at least that you could benefit from interacting
> with them and sharing experiences/code/whatever, just ask, I've Cc-ed
> some of them. :-)

Thanks!
Maxime

--