Re: [Xen-devel] Stable backport request for new OVMF version

>> > It was present in 4.3. I don't think we build it by default since
>> > its
>> > toolchain is a bit picky, but we turn it on and test it in osstest
>> > from
>> > 4.4 onwards.
>> >
>> > You can ask for it with bios="ovmf" in your hvm guest's config.
>>
>> Well, that means it can be used by the adventurous, but it doesn't
>> mean we consider it supported.
>
> TBH, I'm more concerned that it is a blocker for upgrade osstest to
> Debian Jessie, which in turn is a prerequisite for testing arm64.

If it was explicitly unsupported, I could say "do whatever you need
to do to it", but with not being sure what status it has I'm kind of
wondering what other changes (i.e. apart from fixing the build) the
tree(s) would get which then may break someone. But in the end
it's probably okay to do the change.

Jan