Re: [Xen-devel] Design doc of adding ACPI support for arm64 on Xen - version 2

>>> Nonetheless, we still have to copy some table in Xen in order to modify
>>> them and/or new one. I have in mind the FADT table to set the hypervisor
>>> field and hiding the hypervisor specific data (GIC hyp, timer hyp...) to
>>> avoid the kernel thinks there is hyp mode available.
>>
>> "Have to"? Or rather "would like to"? As said in another reply to
>> Shannon, I didn't see any rationale spelled out for this fundamental
>> difference to x86.
>>
> So the suggestion is to just edit the tables in place rather than
> copying them and relying on Xen having already read whatever
> 'original' information it needs before modifying them?

And just to clarify / amend my reply just sent: I also don't see why
you would need to expose the System Table to Dom0. Did anyone
of you look at how we draw the boundary between Xen and Dom0
on x86? If not, I'd suggest doing so. If so, I'd like to ask for
proper reasoning for any item of data exposed to Dom0 beyond
what we currently expose.

Jan