Re: [Xen-devel] netback grant copying issues

On 04/09/15 10:27, Jan Beulich wrote:
> Ian, Wei,
>
> I seem to be seeing two issues in the grant copy handling of netback,
> solely from code inspection:
>
> 1) Shouldn't MAX_GRANT_COPY_OPS, to take care of the copying
> the header may require, be
> ((MAX_SKB_FRAGS + 1) * XEN_NETIF_RX_RING_SIZE)?

We really should have the copy batches be independent of ring size and
skb format.

e.g., Call xenvif_gnt_copy_add(ref, ptr, len) for each copy op needed.
This will issue the hypercall when the batch is full.  There would need
to be axenvif_gnt_copy_flush() at the end for last hypercall for the
remaining ops.

David