[Xen-devel] vTPM ownership problem

Hello everyone, I need to use vTPM to finish a project but I encounter the same problem asÂhttp://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-06/msg03930.html

I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 as Dom0 on Dell. I compiled Xen 4.3.0 from source. After creating vtpmmgr and vtpm stubdoms, and DomU, I can invoke tpm_version as well asÂcat /sys/class/misc/tpm0/device/pcrsÂfrom DomU:

However, I cannot takeÂownership of vTPM and thus I fail to execute the commands required ownership of vTPM. When I invoke takeownership(I set SRK password to null) I get the following error:

root@tpm-guest:~# tpm_takeownership
Enter owner password:Â
Confirm password:Â
Enter SRK password:Â
Confirm password:Â
Tspi_TPM_TakeOwnership failed: 0x00002004 - layer=tcs, code=0004 (4), Internal software error

root@tpm-guest:~# tpm_takeownership -z -y -l debug
Tspi_Context_Create success
Tspi_Context_Connect success
Tspi_Context_GetTpmObject success
Tspi_GetPolicyObject success
Tspi_Policy_SetSecret success
Tspi_Context_CreateObject success
Tspi_GetPolicyObject success
Tspi_Policy_SetSecret success
Tspi_TPM_TakeOwnership failed: 0x00002004 - layer=tcs, code=0004 (4), Internal software error
Tspi_Context_CloseObject success
Tspi_Context_FreeMemory success
Tspi_Context_Close success

I have just upgraded toÂUbuntu 15.04 as the reply said but get the same error again. Could you help me handle it? Thank you very much.

Best,
DearFuture