Re: [Xen-devel] Asus X99-A VT-d problems

>>> On 09.09.15 at 19:02, <kiviniemi.valtteri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, now the system is booting but would you have any idea why the system
> only boots with iommu=verbose,debug but not with iommu=1? If I pass iommu=1
> as a boot parameter it fails detecting SATA drives (AHCI) with "ata1.00:
> failed command: IDENTIFY DEVICE" error. Also USB fails with fatal error,
> "ehci_hcd 0000:xx:xxx:xx: HC died".

Short of logs thereof - no explanation other than the extra printing
possibly changing timing somewhere (albeit one would think that
while the printing happens timing shouldn't be that much of an issue).

> Also if I try to pass dom0pvh=1 it also crashes with iommu=verbose,debug -
> screen just goes completely black and system restarts itself - no way to
> see any error messages at all.

Likely a different problem, and definitely one where again we'd need
to see full logs of. You may want to try "noreboot" as a command line
option to see whether that makes the machine hang instead of reboot
(which would be an indication that proper logging will give us useful
insight).

Jan