Re: [Xen-devel] xl: libxl_domain_info: getting domain info list: Bad address

On Thu, 2015-09-10 at 18:07 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Riku reported me an error on their CI loop while run Xen on the Arndale:
>
> Starting /usr/sbin/xenstored...
> Setting domain 0 name, domid and JSON config...
> libxl: error: libxl.c:675:libxl_domain_info: getting domain info list:
> Bad address
> libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:1869:libxl__userdata_path: unable to find
> domain info for domain 0: Bad address
> cannot store stub json config for Dom0
> Starting xenconsoled...
> Starting QEMU as disk backend for dom0
> /etc/init.d/xencommons: line 102: qemu-system-i386: command not found
> libxl: error: libxl.c:656:libxl_list_domain: getting domain info list:
> Bad address
> libxl_list_domain failed.

FWIW this caused this recent test failure of linux-next:
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/61690/test-armhf-armhf-xl-arndale/info.html
I don't know for how long it has been failing, but may or may not be
bisectable by the automated bisector.

> The full log can be found here: https://paste.debian.net/311187
>
> I've looked at the osstest log and was able to find the same errors very often
> on the arndale. Although, it seems that the tests are still passing. For
> instance [1].

I don't see this message in any of the test logs.

It does appear in the serial logs, but with at "Sep  9 00:47:23" and "Sep
 9 01:47:29" while this test was running from "2015-09-09 08:01:32 Z" until
just after "2015-09-09 15:16:16 Z".

This is because the serial logs are not rotated for each new job and they
aren't trimmed to only the relevant time span, so they can (and almost
always do) contain stuff from previous tests. You generally need to scroll
to the end.

There are two related potential improvements which could be made to osstest
here. First would be to arrange for the serial logs to be trimmed to the
relevant time span the second would be a new ts-logs-audit step which runs
after ts-logs-capture and checks for anything amis (e.g. segfaults in the
kernel logs).

Obviously if you do the second without the first the code would need to be
careful to only look at relevant lines in serial.log (other logs should be
ok).

Ian.