Re: [Xen-devel] xl: libxl_domain_info: getting domain info list: Bad address

Hi Ian,

On 11/09/2015 09:52, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Thu, 2015-09-10 at 18:07 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi,

Riku reported me an error on their CI loop while run Xen on the Arndale:

Starting /usr/sbin/xenstored...
Setting domain 0 name, domid and JSON config...
libxl: error: libxl.c:675:libxl_domain_info: getting domain info list:
Bad address
libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:1869:libxl__userdata_path: unable to find
domain info for domain 0: Bad address
cannot store stub json config for Dom0
Starting xenconsoled...
Starting QEMU as disk backend for dom0
/etc/init.d/xencommons: line 102: qemu-system-i386: command not found
libxl: error: libxl.c:656:libxl_list_domain: getting domain info list:
Bad address
libxl_list_domain failed.

FWIW this caused this recent test failure of linux-next:
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/61690/test-armhf-armhf-xl-arndale/info.html
I don't know for how long it has been failing, but may or may not be
bisectable by the automated bisector.

It's causing the issue on Linux next since the end of august:
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-armhf-xl-arndale/linux-next.html

The same problem appears in linux-linus from the 8th of september:
http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/results/history/test-armhf-
armhf-xl-arndale/linux-linus.html

Maybe the last job can be bisect from v4.2 tag?

The full log can be found here: https://paste.debian.net/311187

I've looked at the osstest log and was able to find the same errors very often
on the arndale. Although, it seems that the tests are still passing. For
instance [1].

I don't see this message in any of the test logs.

It does appear in the serial logs, but with at "Sep  9 00:47:23" and "Sep
  9 01:47:29" while this test was running from "2015-09-09 08:01:32 Z" until
just after "2015-09-09 15:16:16 Z".

This is because the serial logs are not rotated for each new job and they
aren't trimmed to only the relevant time span, so they can (and almost
always do) contain stuff from previous tests. You generally need to scroll
to the end.

Damn, I though the serial logs was only containing the serial messages for the current job.

I was doing some grep in the logs to see when it first appears. Sorry for the confusion

Regards,

--
Julien Grall