Re: [Xen-devel] [osstest test] 60719: tolerable FAIL - PUSHED

On Fri, 2015-09-11 at 21:56 -0600, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> On 09/10/2015 10:40 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Thu, 2015-09-03 at 10:35 -0600, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> >
> > > I wonder if this has anything to do with migration V2? I noticed a
> > > migration
> > > regression a few days back, but later realized that the sender was
> > > 4.5 and
> > > receiver was 4.6. I planned to see if migration worked through
> > > libvirt between
> > > two 4.6 hosts, but before doing so I had to re-purpose the machines
> > > for another
> > > task. I think libvirt needs some work to accommodate migration V2...
> > So after shaving a bunch of yakks wrt getting my test boxes setup I've
> > finally tracked this one down...
>
> Thanks for investigating this issue! It bubbled to the top of my queue,
> so I'm
> glad I read this mail before duplicating the effort.
>

> > libvirt is passing libxl a restore (and perhaps save) file descriptor
> > which
> > is set O_NONBLOCK, which libxl/c doesn't expect and therefore doesn't
> > handle the resulting EAGAIN.
> >
> > Ian and I think it would be more convenient for most callers if libxl
> > took
> > care of this by making the fd blocking again and returning it to the
> > original state when it was done.
> >
> > I'll cook up a patch.
>
> I also noticed your patch has been ACK'ed and applied.  Thanks again!

No problem.

FYI the osstest fixup to /etc/hosts hit osstest production yesterday
andflight 62004 is the first to pickup both that and the libxl fix, it's
doing the build phase about now, so I'd expect actual the results tomorrow.
Hopefully we'll get a pass from the test-*-*-libvirt-pair job!

Ian.