Re: [Xen-devel] Xen on Arm Arndale Exynos5250

Thanks for the help Ian,

I tried using ttySAC2 in /etc/init/ttySAC2.conf but I still am not
prompted to login on the serial output.  I also tried creating
/etc/init/ttyhvc0.conf.  I think that is the correct place to start
getty from.  There are other similar files in that location and this page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SerialConsoleHowto

says that karmic and newer start console processes from /etc/init/
files.  I have also tried using /etc/inittab but that doesn't seem to
help.

The linaro prebuilt image (no xen) boots and I am prompted to log in so
I tried comparing the boot process.  I found that the boot.txt file on
the boot partition had the following line:

setenv bootargs "console=tty0 console=ttySAC2,115200n8
drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=edid-1920x1080.fw
root=UUID=bf05a5f4-06bf-4c99-8729-e20678372aea rootwait ro"

that makes me confident that you are correct about the console name
being ttySAC2.  I tried editing my environment variables to be more
similar to this as such:

# setenv xen_bootargs 'console=dtuart dtuart=/serial@12C20000 dom0_mem=512M'
# setenv dom0_bootargs 'console=hvc0 console=ttySAC2,115200n8
ignore_loglevel psci=enable clk_ignore_unused root=/dev/mmcblk1p3'

but that brings me to the same debug console with this instruction:

(XEN) *** Serial input -> DOM0 (type 'CTRL-a' three times to switch
input to Xen)

I can switch input to Xen and then I can get diagnostic info but that is
a far as I get.