Re: [Xen-devel] [iGVT-g] XenGT for PV guest

On 11/27/2015 01:10 AM, Oleksii Kurochko wrote:
Hello all,

Do you have any ideas about previously mentioned question?

With best regards,
  Oleksii

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 6:48 PM, Oleksii Kurochko <oleksii.kurochko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:oleksii.kurochko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I am trying to enable XenGT for Android on board vtc1010 in PV mode.
    Used:
    - Intel Atomâ processor E3827
    - Xen 4.3.1 on branch "byt_experiment".
    - dom0: ubuntu 14-04 with linux vgt 3.11.6-vgt+ kernel version
    - domU: Android-IA 5.1 with 3.11.6-vgt+ (added Android configs)  kernel
version

    vgt was successfully started in dom0.
    vgt does not start in domU. After registration of pci dev in i915_init()
there is no call of i915_pci_driver.probe(). Inte HD Graphics is on pci bus,
but it is not passthrough to domU. When tried to passtrough it to domU than
dom0 crashes in drm_framebuffer_remove(). More than that it is not my case
because of intel hd graphics need to be working in dom0 and domU.

    So could U give advice how to probe i915 driver in domU?

The difficult part may not be how to probe i915 driver, but how
to implement all necessary MPT(Mediated Pass-Through) ops for PV guests.

What reminds me right now is, how to trapp guest GTT
without EPT support? I'm not familiar with PV, however, on
my gut feelings there should be PV ops to be added, which
should not be trivial.

    With best,
      Oleksii

--