Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.7 Development Update

>>> On 1/4/2016 at 06:15 PM, in message <E1aG2AL-0002OH-Qy@zion>, Wei Liu
<wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
> woulk like to see in 4.7 so that people have an idea what is going on and
> prioritise accordingly.
>
> You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
> working on.
>
> = Timeline =
>
> We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release twice a
> year. The upcoming 4.7 timeline are as followed:
>
> * Last posting date: March 18, 2016
> * Hard code freeze: April 1, 2016
> * RC1: TBD
> * Release: June 3, 2016
>
> Note that we don't have freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
> that wish to go into 4.7 must be posted no later than the last posting
> date. All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued
> into next release.
>
> RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.
>
> = Projects =
>
> == Hypervisor ==
>
> *  Use Kconfig to configure hypervisor components
>   -  Doug Goldstein
>
> === x86 ===
>
> *  CPUID handling improvement
>   -  Andrew Cooper
>
> *  VMWare tools support
>   -  Don Slutz
>
> *  xSplice, hypervisor hot-patching
>   -  Konrad Wilk
>   -  Ross Lagerwall
>
> *  Porting Intel PState driver
>   -  Wei Wang
>
> *  HVM-nodm support
>   -  Roger Pau Monne
>
> *  Posted interrupt
>   -  Wu, Feng
>
> *  VMX TSC scaling support
>   -  Haozhong Zhang
>
> *  VT-d asynchronous flush issue
>   -  Quan Xu
>
> *  Memory protection-key support
>   -  Huaitong Han
>
> === ARM ===
>
> *  Guest save / restore support
>   -  Ian Campbell
>
> == Toolstack ==
>
> *  Make it easy to run xenstore in a domain
>   -  Juergen Gross
>
> *  Libxc support for migrating large PV domains
>   -  Juergen Gross
>
> *  Disentangle libxenctrl to stable libraries
>   -  Ian Campbell
>
> *  Libxl PVSCSI support
>   -  Olaf Hering
>
> *  PV USB passthrough
>   -  Chunyan Liu

Reviewed by George Dunlap.
V12:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-12/msg02697.html

> *  HVM USB passthrough
>   -  George Dunlap
>
> *  QEMU based PVUSB backend
>   -  Juergen Gross
>
> *  Domain snapshot API
>   -  Chunyan Liu

Doc:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-08/msg00884.html

RFC implementation, has many limitations, call for comments:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-08/msg02384.html

Chunyan