[Xen-devel] Xen 4.7 Development Update

This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
woulk like to see in 4.7 so that people have an idea what is going on and
prioritise accordingly.

You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
working on.

= Timeline =

We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release twice a
year. The upcoming 4.7 timeline are as followed:

* Last posting date: March 18, 2016
* Hard code freeze: April 1, 2016
* RC1: TBD
* Release: June 3, 2016

Note that we don't have freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
that wish to go into 4.7 must be posted no later than the last posting
date. All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued
into next release.

RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.

= Projects =

== Hypervisor ==

*  Use Kconfig to configure hypervisor components
  -  Doug Goldstein

=== x86 ===

*  CPUID handling improvement
  -  Andrew Cooper

*  VMWare tools support
  -  Don Slutz

*  xSplice, hypervisor hot-patching
  -  Konrad Wilk
  -  Ross Lagerwall

*  Porting Intel PState driver
  -  Wei Wang

*  HVM-nodm support
  -  Roger Pau Monne

*  Posted interrupt
  -  Wu, Feng

*  VMX TSC scaling support
  -  Haozhong Zhang

*  VT-d asynchronous flush issue
  -  Quan Xu

*  Memory protection-key support
  -  Huaitong Han

=== ARM ===

*  Guest save / restore support
  -  Ian Campbell

== Toolstack ==

*  Make it easy to run xenstore in a domain
  -  Juergen Gross

*  Libxc support for migrating large PV domains
  -  Juergen Gross

*  Disentangle libxenctrl to stable libraries
  -  Ian Campbell

*  Libxl PVSCSI support
  -  Olaf Hering

*  PV USB passthrough
  -  Chunyan Liu

*  HVM USB passthrough
  -  George Dunlap

*  QEMU based PVUSB backend
  -  Juergen Gross

*  Domain snapshot API
  -  Chunyan Liu

*  Fix hotplug script machinery and remove blktap
  -  George Dunlap

*  Basic xSplice tooling (see hypervisor item)
  -  Konrad Wilk

*  Load BIOS via toolstack
  -  Anthony Perard

*  Libxl depriv QEMU
  -  Ian Jackson

*  COLO
  -  Wen Congyang

== Documentation ==

*  Feature maturity lifecycle
  -  Lars Kurth

== Completed ==

*  vgic-v3
  -  Julien Grall

*  xsave/xrtors support
  -  Shuai Ruan

*  Toolstack-based soft reset
  -  Vitaly Kuznetsov

*  Libxc support for building large PV domains
  -  Juergen Gross

*  Run QEMU as non-root
  -  Stefano Stabellini

*  Intel CDP support