Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.7 Development Update

Hi Wei,

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items you
> woulk like to see in 4.7 so that people have an idea what is going on and
> prioritise accordingly.
>
> You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
> working on.
>
> = Timeline =
>
> We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release twice a
> year. The upcoming 4.7 timeline are as followed:
>
> * Last posting date: March 18, 2016
> * Hard code freeze: April 1, 2016
> * RC1: TBD
> * Release: June 3, 2016
>
> Note that we don't have freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
> that wish to go into 4.7 must be posted no later than the last posting
> date. All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued
> into next release.
>
> RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.
>
> = Projects =
>
> == Hypervisor ==
>
> *  Use Kconfig to configure hypervisor components
>   -  Doug Goldstein
>
> === x86 ===

Tianyang and I are working on improving the RTDS scheduler.
Could you add the following to the Xen 4.7 development update?

* Convert RTDS from time to event driven model
   - Tianyang Chen
   - Meng Xu

Tianyang is cc.ed and his email is tiche@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My email is mengxu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx