Re: [Xen-devel] Which trees are supported (Was: Re: [qemu-upstream-4.2-testing test] 77180: regressions - FAIL)

>> > So this arose because Stefano was unaware that 4.2 was no longer
>> > supported.
>> > Neither am I ever confident about where the cut-off lie, e.g. I always
>> > have
>> > to ask if I am doing backports for a security issue.
>> >
>> > We should add rows to http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Release_Features
>> > right
>> > under Initial Release giving first the date until which that tree is
>> > supported with backports and second the date until which security
>> > support
>> > will exist. We might also want to add a third "status" row. e.g.
>> > "Supported", "Security Support only", "EOL" (we'll deal with extended
>> > support by a third party when that next arises).
>> >
>> > I'm happy to make the edits, however I don't know what dates I would
>> > write
>> > here. Taking it to be 18 months of Support and a further 18 months of
>> > security support I would get:
>> >
>> >                    Xen 4.0         Xen 4.1         Xen 4.2         Xen 4.3
>> >         Xen 4.4         Xen 4.5         Xen 4.6
>> > Initial Release    7 April 2010    25 March 2011   17 Sept 2012    9 July
>> > 2013     10
> March
>> > 2014       15 Jan 2015     13 Oct 2015
>> > Supported until            EOL - ???       EOL - ???       EOL - ???
>> > EOL - Jan 2015  EOL - Sept 2015 July
>
>> > 2016       April 2017
>> > Security support til       EOL - ???       EOL - ???       EOL - ???
>> > July 2016       March 2016      Jan
>> > 2017       Oct 2018
>>
>> 4.4 is going to have normal support ended with the 4.4.4 release only;
>> 4.4.3 got released a little too early from that perspective.
>
> Meaning it will be earlier later than September 2015.
>
> 4.4.3 was released in August which was too soon.
>
> I think it is right to err on the side of stopping later than we said.
>
> Did we stop adding backports to staging-4.4 in September, i.e. is 4.4.4
> going to be fixes from August-September + security issues until the release
> date?

No, there was active backporting until December (and I expect to at
least put in Andrew's XSA-156 fixup before 4.4.4 goes out, which -
due to the osstest issues - is going to take a little more time anyway).

Jan