Re: [Xen-devel] VirtIO-GPU 3D OpenGL Hardware Acceleration for VMs and Xen

Il 11/01/2016 10:47, Pasi Kärkkäinen ha scritto:
Hello,

And now all the components listed below are released and available easily.

Dom0:
- Qemu 2.5 has virtio-gpu 3D/OpenGL acceleration support for VMs.

DomU:
- Linux 4.4 kernel has the virtio-gpu drm driver.
- Mesa 11.1 has the virtio-gpu 3D driver (virgl galliumd3 / OpenGL).

Did anyone try this stuff with Xen already? :)

I'm also interested on it but I not tried it for now because it is usable only locally (with qemu's gtk or sdl2 ui if I remember good), I'm waiting spice support (in development). I'll should be able to do needed libxl support if nobody will do it before but I'm not able to do hypervisor changes if needed (like initial problems with qxl on xen)

-- Pasi