Re: [Xen-devel] [v3,11/41] mips: reuse asm-generic/barrier.h

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 05:14:14PM -0800, Leonid Yegoshin wrote:

> This statement doesn't fit MIPS barriers variations. Moreover, there is a
> reason to extend that even more specific, at least for smp_store_release and
> smp_load_acquire, look into
>
>     http://patchwork.linux-mips.org/patch/10506/

Dude, that's one horrible patch.

1) you do not make such things selectable; either the hardware needs
them or it doesn't. If it does you _must_ use them, however unlikely.

2) the changelog _completely_ fails to explain the sync 0x11 and sync
0x12 semantics nor does it provide a publicly accessible link to
documentation that does.

3) it really should have explained what you did with
smp_llsc_mb/smp_mb__before_llsc() in _detail_.

And I agree that ideally it should be split into parts.

Seriously, this is _NOT_ OK.