Re: [Xen-devel] [v3,11/41] mips: reuse asm-generic/barrier.h

On 01/13/2016 02:45 AM, Will Deacon wrote:
On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 12:45:14PM -0800, Leonid Yegoshin wrote:

I don't think the address dependency is enough on its own. By that
reasoning, the following variant (WRC+addr+addr) would work too:

P0:
Wx = 1

P1:
Rx == 1
<address dep>
Wy = 1

P2:
Ry == 1
<address dep>
Rx = 0

So are you saying that this is also forbidden?
Imagine that P0 and P1 are two threads that share a store buffer. What
then?

I ask HW team about it but I have a question - has it any relationship with replacing MIPS SYNC with lightweight SYNCs (SYNC_WMB etc)? You use any barrier or do not use it and I just voice an intention to use a more efficient instruction instead of bold hummer (SYNC instruction). If you don't use any barrier here then it is a different issue.

May be it has sense to return back to original issue?

- Leonid