Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC V2] xen: interface: introduce pvclk interface

>>> On 20.01.16 at 09:31, <van.freenix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> +/*
> + * Backend response
> + *
> + * cmd: command for operation on clk, same with the cmd in request.
> + * id: clk id, same with the id in request.
> + * success: indicate failure or success for the cmd.
> + * rate: clock rate. Used for get rate.
> + *
> + * cmd and id are filled by backend and passed to frontend to
> + * let frontend check whether the response is for the current
> + * request or not.
> + */
> +struct xen_clkif_response {
> +     uint32_t cmd;
> +     uint32_t id;
> +     uint32_t success;
> +     uint64_t rate;
> +};

This isn't 32-/64-bit clean. Question is whether echoing cmd is really
needed.

Also naming a field "success" is pretty odd - is this mean to be a
boolean? Better name it e.g. status, allowing for different (error)
indicators.

And what I'm missing throughout the file is some description of how
clock events (interrupts?) are actually meant to make it into the
guest.

Jan