Re: [Xen-devel] Bug 1591 - xentop truncates VM names

On Wed, 2016-01-20 at 09:56 +0100,
> Hi!
> Can anybody tell meÂplease where I have to post bugs like this to
> find the right contact person who is qualified to fix or even to discuss
> it?
> Is xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx the right list for this?

For XenServer related bugs:

If you are a Citrix customer in which case you will have a Support contact
which you should use.

Otherwise the right place is somewhere on www.xenserver.org (forums, lists
etc), since that is a separate downstream project from xen.org
(xenproject).

For upstream/XenProject related buts:
xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxÂis the right place, the process/expectations are
described more fully atÂhttp://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen
Â.

At least in recent xen.org releases xentop takes a -f/--full-name option
which does not truncate the name:

root@st40:~# xentop -f -b
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNAMEÂÂSTATEÂÂÂCPU(sec) CPU(%)ÂÂÂÂÂMEM(k)
MEM(%)ÂÂMAXMEM(k) MAXMEM(%) VCPUS NETS NETTX(k) NETRX(k) VBDSÂÂÂVBD_OOÂÂÂVBD_RDÂ
ÂÂVBD_WRÂÂVBD_RSECTÂÂVBD_WSECT SSID
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
 -----rÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ56ÂÂÂÂ0.0ÂÂÂÂÂ524288ÂÂÂÂ6.3ÂÂÂÂÂ525312ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ6.3ÂÂÂÂÂ1ÂÂÂÂ1ÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂ53ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1ÂÂÂÂ2ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂ1991ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ43ÂÂÂÂÂÂ50738ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ824ÂÂÂÂ0
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDomain-0 -----rÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ308ÂÂÂÂ0.0ÂÂÂÂÂ522484ÂÂ
ÂÂ6.2ÂÂÂÂÂ524288ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ6.3ÂÂÂÂÂ8ÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂ0

So if this isn't present in XenServer then you want to be talking to them
or your Support person.

Ian.