Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC v1 0/8] x86/init: Linux linker tables

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk
<konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Sure, do we know if that ICC compatible? Do we care? There are a
>> series of ICC hacks put in place on ipxe's original solution which
>> I've folded in, it seems that works but if we care about ICC those
>> folks should perhaps help review as well.
>
> I didn't know the kernel could even be compiled with ICC? Thought
> only GCC worked?

I'm happy with that, just wanted to make sure I raise the flag concern
given the icc hacks on the linker tables.

> Anyhow - it may be that those fixes were for quite old ICC versions.
> Does the latest one manifest these oddities?

I am not sure, I yield to Michael as the author of the original ICC
compatibility pieces. If we don't care about ICC let me know and I'll
just drop the stuff. In lack of such statements I'll just keep the
work arounds in place, but I'm more than trilled to drop it.

 Luis