Re: [Xen-devel] xenbits GitHub mirror?

Sorry, I have been a little bit unresponsive. Things were a little hectic
in the last 2 weeks.

On 27/01/2016 11:21, "George Dunlap" <George.Dunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> FWIW, I am +1 for setting up infrastructure like this, but lets do it
>> properly.
>>
>> Lars: Thoughts?

I don't mind if we had an official github mirror. In fact, it may make the
project a little bit more accessible to the younger crowd.

>Doug says that you can mark a repo as a 'mirror', which will prevent
>people from being able to send pull requests to it; so I think my
>technical objection has been answered.
>
>I think the idea is still only half-baked though, as I'm not sure how
>having a github mirror will make it so that most mail has a git repo
>you can pull from (which would be necessary to reach the ultimate
>goal, making it straightforward to apply patches sent to the list).

I would be good, if we could identify any workflow issues (e.g. such as
the mailing issue raised here). Maybe some of the people who have hands-on
experience with Github and mailing lists can make a few suggestions. We
then should also consider adding this to the How to submit patches wiki
page

Lars