Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] support more qdisk types

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 07:42:49PM -0700, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> On 01/27/2016 02:09 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> >>>
> >> libvirt would probably just do what its doing now. Since it can setup
> >> the connection and pass the file descriptor into libxl. Honestly I don't
> >> see the advantage here because libvirt does a better job from a security
> >> standpoint and unless the goal is to have everything and the kitchen
> >> sink in libxl/xl. There's already a number of ways to skin the cat (xl,
> >> libvirt, xapi, openstack), why another one?
> > I believe what Jim is saying that there needs to be some parsing in libxl
> > so that it can pass the right information to QEMU.
>
> Correct. The info is also needed when libxl creates the device in xenstore.

I think that would be awesome - especially with the iSCSI and Sheepdog.

The one thing that I am worried about is bitrotting. And I would think
if test-cases were added for this support - while it is bigger upfront
cost - would benefit us long term.

Granted I say that - but I hadn't done my share either (xSplice or some
other ones I have on mind) so feel free to ignore the recommendation.