Re: [Xen-devel] [linux-4.1 test] 79008: regressions - FAIL

On Wed, 2016-01-27 at 12:05 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2016-01-27 at 11:18 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 13:11 +0000, osstest service owner wrote:
> > > flight 79008 linux-4.1 real [real]
> > > http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/79008/
> > >
> > > Regressions :-(
> > >
> > > Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
> > > including tests which could not be run:
> > > Âtest-armhf-armhf-xl-credit2ÂÂ15 guest-start/debian.repeat fail REGR.
> > > vs. 66399
> > > Âtest-armhf-armhf-xl-xsmÂÂÂÂÂÂ15 guest-start/debian.repeat fail REGR.
> > > vs. 66399
> >
> > These were both:
> >
> > 2016-01-26 01:20:33 Z executing ssh ... root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx echo guest
> > debian.guest.osstest: okÂ
> > Warning: Permanently added '172.16.147.101' (ECDSA) to the list of
> > known hosts.
> > key_verify failed for server_host_key

So I've narrowed this down a bit, but not yet sufficiently to actually
diagnose.

The issue only occurs when the userspace is Debian Jessie. Debian Wheezy
does not, for some reason, expose this. It seems unlikely (although not
impossible) to be a real issue in Jessie vs Wheezy, more likely some
different behaviour in Jessie's sshd just exposes some issue somewhere
else.

When running Jessie userspace the issue only appeared somewhere between
Linux v3.18 and v3.19, I'm currently looking at bisecting that range in
case the commit which exposed the issue gives a hint (I fear it wont
though).

The attached ts-fetch-check-file exposes this pretty readily against either
dom0 or domU (slightly differing symptoms) on effected versions.

I can reproduce on the cubietruck on my desk as well as in the COLO.

I cannot reproduce on the same cubietruck on my desk when running native
4.1, it only happens when running under Xen.

I cannot reproduce on the arndale on my desk. I've not tried in the COLO
since the test results suggest there would be no point -- there is no sign
of this class of failure in the colo on arndale nor on any x86 box.

Ian.