Re: [Xen-devel] Introduction to the Community and Getting Started

Hi Akanksha,

Jesus is teaching today.

But having chatted to some people on #metrics-grimoire the first step is to set up an environment and play with it. To do so, you will need

There is lots of info on getting Kibana and Elastic search going and you may want to check out

Note that the SQL test data sets were created with MetricsGrimoire tools. As one of the goals is to use Perceval to do this (which has extra capabilities), you may also want to
  • Get and build Perceval from https://github.com/grimoirelab/perceval
  • Explore the test data set SQL structure with an appropriate tool
  • Read through the Perceval man pages and do some experimentation and come back with some questions

We can then work through the questions and chose appropriate next steps: but from that point onwards, we probably need Jesus' input

Regards
Lars
P.S.: Jesus normally hangs out on #metrics-grimoire nick jgbarah