[Xen-devel] Behaviour when setting CPU_BASED_MONITOR_TRAP_FLAG in hvm_do_resume()

Hello,

Assuming I set v->arch.hvm_vmx.exec_control |=
CPU_BASED_MONITOR_TRAP_FLAG; in hvm_do_resume(), would that cause a
VMEXIT with EXIT_REASON_MONITOR_TRAP_FLAG _before_ the instruction at he
current rIP runs, or _after_ it?

A few tests I've ran suggest that the VMEXIT occurs _before_, i.e. the
instruction is not running between setting the flag and the VMEXIT, but
the actual code is a bit more involved and I might have just come across
a corner case, so I thought it would be best to have official
confirmation on the list.

Thanks,
Razvan