Re: [Xen-devel] Running Xen on Nvidia Jetson-TK1

On 18/03/16 15:01, Dushyant Behl wrote:
Hi Julien,

Hi Dushyant,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 8:22 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 14/03/16 14:19, Dushyant Behl wrote:
Yes, I have enabled these configuration parameters when compiling linux -

The list of options looks good to me. I guess Linux is crashing before setting
up the console. Can you apply the below to Linux and post the log here?

I applied your patch to Linux but still there is no output from the kernel.

But I have found location of the problem, I have a debugger attached
to the Jetson board
and using that I was able to find out that Linux is failing while
initializing the Tegra timer.

The call stack at the time of failing is  -

-   prefetchw (inline)
     arch_spin_lock (inline)
     do_raw_spin_lock_flags (inline)
     __raw_spin_lock_irqssave (inline)
     raw_spin_lock_irq_save (lock = 0xC0B746F0)
-   of_get_parent (node = 0xA00001D3)
-   of_get_address (dev = 0xDBBABC30, index = 0, size = 0xC0A83F30)
-   of_address_to_resource(dev = 0xDBBABC30, index = 0, r = 0xC0A83F50)
-   of_iomap (np = 0xDBBABC30, index = 0)
-   tegra20_init_timer (np = 0xDBBABC30)
-   clocksource_of_init()
-   start_kernel()

After this Linux jumps to floating point exception handler and then to
undefined instruction and fails.

I don't know why Linux is receiving a floating point exception. However, DOM0 must not use the tegra timer as it doesn't support virtualization.

You need to ensure that DOM0 will use the arch timer instead. Xen provides some facilities to blacklist a device tree node (see blacklist dev in arm/platforms/tegra.c).

Regards,

--
Julien Grall