Re: [Xen-devel] Frequent reports about Xen unstable hanging on ARM boots

Hi, Lars!

We've just verified current master (Xen 4.7-unstable) on our DRA7 setup. Everything works fine, issue is not reproduced.

There are a lot of strange things in this setup:
1. It seems like there are problems with UART driver detection in Xen. It is because of incorrect command line:
(XEN) Command line: sync_console console=uart dtuart=uart1
According to wiki must be "sync_console console=dtuart dtuart=serial2".
I see setuping it in u-boot:
U-Boot# setenv xen_bootargs 'sync_console console=dtuart dtuart=serial2'
U-Boot# fdt set /chosen xen,xen-bootargs \"$xen_bootargs\"
But as you can see it doesn't work.
2. We have for our DRA7 setup console on serial0, not serial2. Is it right to use serial2 for that setup?
3. Xen starts not in Hypervisor mode, nad switches to this mode:
- NOT HYP, setting it ... -
- Xen starting in Hyp mode -
As far as I know, this functionality is moved to u-boot, I can't see this code in master branch.
So, are there any additional patches over mainline?