Re: [Xen-devel] xenpm and scheduler

On Tue, 2016-04-12 at 17:46 +0000, tutu sky wrote:
> yeah, running xenpm gives short comments on its commands and their
> options but not about how to establish it.

I do not understand what you mean with 'establishing' xenpm. If you run
Xen on a machine that has power management and/or frequency scaling
capabilities, you'll be able to use the various xenpm commands.

It most likely will have to be a real hardware box, as I don't think
emulation or nested virtualization satisfies the above condition (for
most of the emulator and hypervisor that I know of). You also need to
use a sufficiently recent Linux dom0 kernel. Konrad knows better than
me what's the minimum necessary version, but I don't think this is a
problem (i.e., any kernel since the last couple of years should work
fine).

Or was it something else you were asking?

Dario