Re: [Xen-devel] HVMLite / PVHv2 - using x86 EFI boot entry

Ewww.

> I got the impression that if we wanted to remove the old PV path we had to see
> if we can address old classic PV x86 guests through HVMlite, otherwise we'd
> have to live with the old PV path for the long term.

No. We need to deprecate the PV paths - and the agreement we hammered out
with the x86 maintainers was that once PVH/HVMLite is stable the clock
would start ticking on PV (pvops) life. All the big users of PV Linux
were told in persons to prep them for this.

Keep in mind that this is not for deleting of support in hypervisor for
PV hypercalls - meaning you would still be able to run say 2.6.18 RHEL5
in years to come. It is just that Linux v6.1 won't have any more PV paths
and can only run in HVM or PVH/HVMLite mode under Xen.