Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Memory de-duplication

On Wed, 2016-04-20 at 10:25 -0600, Tamas K Lengyel wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 7:24 AM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 07:07:01AM -0400, Maryam Masoudian wrote:
> > > Thanks.
> > > One more thing, is it possible to see the percentage of shared
> > memory among
> > > VMs by xl tool?
> > > As there is a xl sharing and I want to know whether this provides
> > this
> > > facility ...
> > >

> > Not sure. You can check xl manpage for those commands.
> xl doesn't have any command that shows you a breakdown of sharing
> among VMs,

Can we add it? (as soon as practical, of course)

There are other per-vm memory related info that I'd like to be able to
query from xl --like how much memory is on each NUMA node-- so a new
sub-command like `xl meminfo' (name subject to improvement! :-D), with
various parameters selecting what to actually show, could be an useful
addition.

Regards,
Dario