Re: [Xen-devel] Debugging Xen early boot

  • To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zytaruk, Kelly" <Kelly.Zytaruk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 12:31:18 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 May 2016 12:33:22 +0000

Konrad, immediate problem is solved although I don't know why.  I tried putting
the serial card into a different PCIe slot and it works properly.  Must be
something wrong with the slot.  I will leave that as a problem for another day.

As for the other question I am still curious as to how to debug early Xen.  How
was __start_xen written and tested, what sort of tools were used to debug it
and get it working right?  What do I do in situations where I absolutely can't
get serial working properly?

Thanks,
Kelly