Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Q35 & virtual VTD support

On 5/10/2016 10:52 PM, Anthony PERARD wrote:
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 10:31:38PM +0800, Lan, Tianyu wrote:
On 5/10/2016 6:11 PM, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
Hello Tianyu,

What do you mean by reusing Q35 for Xen? If you mean using QEMU to
emulate a Q35 based machine for HVM guests, I think that should be OK.

From xl code, I findit passes pc, xenpv or xenfv as "-machine" param
to Qemu except Q35. I also tried changing code to select Q35 in the xl
but guest didn't boot up. So I want to check whether Xen supports Q35 in
the current code or not.

No, Xen do not support Q35.

But that is possible in the future, I did some work on it in the past, you
can find it here if you are curious:

http://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/aperard/xen-unstable.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/machine-q35-wip

I'm not sure if it's going to help you.

Great. Thanks a lot for your help. BTW, do you have plan to upstream these patches?