Re: [Xen-devel] live migrating hvm from 4.4 to 4.7 fails in ioreq server

The problem is because the new QEMU will assume that the guest was provisioned
with ioreq server pages. Somehow it needs to know to behave as a 'default'
ioreq server (as qemu trad would) in which case the compatibility code in the
hypervisor would DTRT. I guess it would be ok to just have QEMU fall back to
the old 'default' HVM param mechanism if creation of an IOREQ server fails. The
only other way out would be allow Xen to 'steal' the default server's pages if
it doesn't exist.
The former obviously requires a patch to QEMU (but the compat code already
exists as a compile-time option so it's probably a small-ish change) and the
latter requires a patch to Xen. Which is more preferable at this stage?

  Paul