Re: [Xen-devel] Running Xen on Nvidia Jetson-TK1

Hi Meng,

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:30 AM, Meng Xu <xumengpanda@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Dushyant,
>
> On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 3:23 AM, Dushyant K Behl <dushyantbehl@xxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> May I know which u-boot repo and which branch you used to enable the
> non-secure mode? If you could also share your u-boot config file, that
> will be awesome!

I'm using the u-boot from mainline git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git on my
Jetson board, I'm using the tegra-uboot-flasher-scripts from Nvidia
(https://github.com/NVIDIA/tegra-uboot-flasher-scripts)
to flash u-boot and they use the denx mainline branch with default
Jetson-TK1 configuration.

> The u-boot from NVIDEA didn't turn on the HYP mode. I tried the
> git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git, tag v2016.03, but the board won't boot
> after I flashed the uboot. No message at all... :-(
> If I use NVIDEA's uboot, I can boot into the linux kernel without problem.

The default configuration of u-boot doesn't enables HYP mode when you boot
the kernel. You can change that in the configuration by disabling

CONFIG_ARMV7_BOOT_SEC_DEFAULT in the config file.

But you can also achieve the same thing by setting the environment
variable in u-boot

"bootm_boot_mode=nonsec"

now booting the linux kernel through bootm command will boot it in HYP mode.
I'm also using the bootm_boot_mode variable set to nonsec without
changing the default
configuration of u-boot.

I had some problems booting the L4T kernel in HYP mode on Jetson, so I was using
the linux kernel from Jan Kiszka's development tree -
http://git.kiszka.org/linux.git/,  branch queues/assorted
which has some of the PSCI patches required to boot linux. Although If
you do get the
mainline linux or l4t kernel to boot in nonsec mode or on Xen, please
do let me know.

Thanks,
Dushyant