Re: [Xen-devel] unable to create domain after enabling XSM

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 04:58:03PM +0800, Big Strong wrote:
> I should add the xsm=policy option to the end of the xen.cfg instead of as
> an option. Sorry for the fault.
>
> However, another problem is that when I modified the policy and reload it
> using '*xl loadpolicy*', the policy seemed not working.
>
> The policy I add is *'allow domU_t security_t:security check_context; allow
> domU_t domU_t_self:hvm gethvmc;*', and it is successfully loaded.
>
> But executing XEN_DOMCTL_gethvmcontext_partial in domU_t would still cause
> the following violations:
>
> *(XEN) avc:  denied  { gethvmc } for domid=1
> scontext=system_u:system_r:domU_t tcontext=system_u:system_r:domU_t_self
> tclass=hvm*
>
> Rebooting xen with the new policy doesn't work too. BTW, the domU_t I
> created is a HVM, I hope that is not the problem.

Rebootin meaning you put the policy on the boot partition and your xen.cfg
has xsm=<name of file>?

And it loads the policy? You can see that Xen has loaded it?

I am going to assume that the policy is loaded just fine - it just that the
policy you wrote is not doing what it is expected.

And oddly enough, you did not CC the XSM maintainer here. He may
be able to help.