Re: [Xen-devel] [BUG] Linux process vruntime accounting in Xen

On 18/05/16 18:14, Juergen Gross wrote:
> On 18/05/16 18:09, Tony S wrote:
>> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Dario Faggioli
>> <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Yep, seen it, thanks.

>>> Yes!! I remember Stefano talking about introducing it, and that was
>>> also why I thought we had it already since long time on x86.
>>>
>>> Well, anyway... :-)

>>> Understood.
>>>
>>> So, Tony, up for trying again your workload with this patch applied to
>>> Linux?
>>>
>>> Most likely, it _won't_ fix all the problems you're seeing, but I'm
>>> curious to see if it helps.
>>
>> Hi Dario,
>>
>> I did not see the patch. Can you please send me the patch and I will
>> try to test it later.
>
> Here is an updated version.

Tony, would you be interested to test a complete solution?

This would require to use a Xen 4.7 hypervisor with some patches applied
and some patches for the Linux kernel (I've done some basic tests with
kernel 4.6). I've attached the patches in case you want to try them. :-)
You should set CONFIG_PARAVIRT_TIME_ACCOUNTING=y in the kernel .config

Juergen