Re: [Xen-devel] HEADS UP: Imported Xen 4.7: no blkback

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016, Roger Pau Monné wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 09:38:59PM +0000, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> > "?" does not work - it mostly causes a panic, the console is slow, but I
> > managed
> > to switch it to /dev/ada0p2, dmesg below:
>
> This has now been reverted, so when I import the new RC this should be fixed
> and you won't need to change anything.

I am confused now - so with a new Xen kernel (not yet in ports) I can use
/dev/xbd* devices again? They are in fact missing - xbd driver says "attaching
as ada0"
and I can mount it only as /dev/ada

> It seems like Windows PV drivers don't attach at all, or are you running
> Windows without the PV drivers?

Yes, I have. Those Windows partitions used to work properly without changes
under xen 4.5. But we are too early - the problem is that even ovmf
does not se them drives now, this is before Windows boots.

> Since you mention that the console is very slow, if you run 'top' on Dom0,
> do you see any process (eg: qemu) taking a lot of CPU time?

Yes,

 1635 root          7 100    0   241M   101M RUN      7:16  91.14%
qemu-system-i386

or more

> Also, do you see Dom0 consuming a lot of CPU if you run 'xentop'?

  Domain-0 -----r        446  100.0    4194300   25.2   no limit       n/a
1    0        0        0    0        0        0        0          0          0
  0

Marcin