Re: [Xen-devel] error while compiling Xen from the source

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 05:26:52PM +0200, Wim ten Have wrote:
> Running F23 here seemed to go trough good with above URL (making up much
> for my environment).
>
> The only part causing me trouble is page specific direction setting the
> branch:
>
> $ cd xen;
> *git checkout -b staging staging*

It loooks to have missed the 'origin' part.

One usually does 'git checkout origin/staging -b staging'

> Instead I did here (and think it should be)
>
> $ cd xen; *git checkout -b staging*
>
> Example:
>

> <wtenhave@kruimel:69> git checkout -b staging
> Switched to a new branch 'staging'

The -b creates a new branch. And you called it staging.
But it may have nothing to do with the origin staging.

git branch -r

gives a good idea of the remote branches (so the ones you pull from)
vs the local ones:

git branch

Usually when you clone a tree it will clone the 'master' branch.
So I think your 'staging' is at the same commit as the 'master'.
If you want the latest, you would need to do:

git branch -d staging
git checkout origin/staging -b staging

P.S.
The Git Manual is very solid.