Re: [Xen-devel] xen-access write protect Error

> I am using xen-access to write protect a lot of gfns of the machine, and
> listen to each gfn which is going to be written. For each gfn that is
> accessed for write operation I create a thread to copy its content after
> a short period of time.
> I have got the following event as I create a thread for each gfn which
> is being written by the user:
> error: Could not obtain handle on privileged command interface : Too
> many open files
> What could cause this as my xen-access program crashes and Segmentation
> fault (core dumped) occurs.

You're not able to open /dev/xen/privcmd (or /proc/xen/privcmd, see
tools/libs/call/linux.c - I assume you're using Linux), because you have
reached the limit of simultaneously open files that your operating
system will allow.

Try closing some of the handles / files that your application opens.
Even thread handles matter.

HTH,
Razvan