Re: [Xen-devel] Problem with Xen 4.5 failing XTF tests on old AMD cpus ?

Andrew Cooper writes ("Re: Problem with Xen 4.5 failing XTF tests on old AMD
cpus ?"):
> It will be because of Gen1 SVM which doesn't have NRIP support. This
> case requires emulation of the invlpg instruction, rather than just
> using the information provided by the intercept.

So it seems that the xtf test is not effective at detecting the Xen
bug except on old hardware ?  Is there some way it could be improved ?

It's obviously not desirable that we should have tests which pass in
the production colo and fail in the ancient Citrix Cambridge instance.

Ian.