Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 0/5] xen/arm: support big.little SoC

On Thu, 2016-09-22 at 17:27 +0800, Peng Fan wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:50:23AM +0200, Dario Faggioli wrote:
> > A feature like `xl cpupool-biglittle-split' can still be
> > interesting,
>
> "cpupool-cluster-split" maybe a better name?

Yeah, sure, whatever! :-D

> > completely orthogonally and independently from the affinity based
> > work,
> > and this series looks like it can be used to implement that. :-)
>
> Agree. All pcpus default can be assigned into cpupool0 based on the
> affinity work.

Exactly. If we work on affinity, this cpupool splitting will not be by
any means necessary, and must not be done at boot. It will be something
that the user can do by himself at any time, and move/create domains
inside the various pools, if that's what he wants.

> We could add one like "cpupool-numa-split" to split different classes
> cpu
> into different cpupools.

Yep.

Dario