[Xen-devel] PCI passthrough with stubdomain

Hi,

I'm still trying to get PCI passthrough working with stubdomain and
without qemu in dom0 (even for just vfb/vkbd backends). How is this
supposed to work?

1. Should xen-pcifront in the target domain be used (and consequently,
should xen-pciback be set for it)? Currently xen-pciback is set for both
stubdomain and target domain, which presents a race condition and
xen-pciback refuses to setup one of them.
(I have a patch for this, but not sure how it really should work)

1a. How does it look in case of qemu in dom0 (no stubdomain)?

2. What operations are done through stubdomain and what are handled
directly by Xen (itself, or with help of IOMMU)? I'd guess config space
accesses are done through device model. Anything else?

3. What changes (if any) are required in qemu-xen to have it working in
stubdomain in regards to PCI passthrough? Should it just work (assuming
Linux-based stubdomain with xen-pcifront driver)?

PS If anyone interested, here are more details:

Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
Invisible Things Lab