Re: [Xen-devel] Adding new custom devices to Xen via QEMU

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 10:29:20AM -0400, Jason Dickens wrote:
> Thanks David,
>
> This could very well be the issue, but could you please elaborate?
> The questions that come up are the following:
> What is the physical address range given to RAM? What range of addresses
> would work for my device?

I am assuming that you implemented the emulation the same way
as other devices - that is you picked an MMIO region for your
device?

> And, if this is the case, how would I unpopulate the RAM?

See xen_ram_init. But I would just choose an region that is
most definitly in MMIO (or IO) region for your emulation.

> There are reasons for the address chosen, and it works on other hypervisors
> (e.g. KVM) so although it might be easiest to change the address I really

What qemu call do you use to carve out the ranges for your device?