Re: [Xen-devel] New Outreachy Applicant

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 4:16 PM, George Dunlap <george.dunlap@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Let me take a look at a simple example you could use to "wire-in"
> something to the build system.

Probably the simplest example of how to "wire in" a directory is tools/xentrace.

For the moment, I would just hardcode it in tools/Makefile (as
xentrace is); we can work on getting an option to `configure` later.

It should be pretty straightforward to take tools/xentrace/Makefile
and modify it to do what you need.

The primary difference is that due to the way Go operates, the main
thing you want to install is the go files themselves, rather than a
compiled binary.

Anyway -- why don't you find me on #xendevel when you get a chance and
we can walk through what the Makefile should do. :-)

 -George