Re: [Xen-devel] Test Xen 4.8 RC4 not stable 27.10.16

On 10/28/2016 05:29 AM, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:01:50PM +0100, Juergen Schinker wrote:
>>
>> ----- On 27 Oct, 2016, at 09:53, Wei Liu wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> For the second part, xenstored.pid normally would be stored under
>>> /var/run, which should be cleared whenever the system is booted [0].
>> I know but the /var/run/xenstored.pid  stays but anyway
>>
> Please check the content of that file and see if there is really such
> process in your system.
>
> It is possible that some other init scripts are interfering with
> systemd. I don't know.

I believe at least on some distros /var/run should be soft-linked to
/run, otherwise whoever cleans up those directories (the command name
escapes me right now) will only remove files from /run and leave
/var/run (and therefore /var/run/xen/xenstored.pid) untouched.

And because xencommons checks for existence of this this file before
starting xenstored the latter never starts.

-boris